PARENTS and INDIVIDUALS
We need to help ourselves, our kids, our Community!
A recent New York Times article stated that, anxiety is the most common mental health disorder affecting nearly one third of both adolescents and adults according to the US National Institute of Mental Health. Anxiety, depression, insomnia, overwhelming emotions and moods are all symptoms of too much stress.
Feel Good Now
We know there is, and will be; suffering, stress and strain in our lives. It is inevitable, and yet, we cannot arrange the world in such a way we will not suffer. This is a very challenging time, we need to find ways to deal with what we are experiencing. In particular, we need a mind/stress break. There is too much information, influence and stimulation out there in our multi-tasking world. This is the program to take steps back to balance and regain some control. This program gives the tools of awareness and perspective. To find simple moments, to perhaps take a breath, relax, do nothing. To rest, recover and restore the natural mental/physical/emotional health that is inherently ours.
YOU WILL FIND ONLINE CONTENT FOR:
- Kids, Children and Teens- Here is a unique part of this program. The online content which has been our Take a Breath program in schools. We support kids and teens in unique ways to support their challenges and stress, and also empower their performance and potential. The content begins simply and develops and deepens with repetition.
- Parents/Individuals and Families- Content specifically supporting parents and adult individuals. Addressing conditions and concerns of parenting, the workplace, post secondary school, the family, and more.
- Assessment and Communication- This is the emerging supportive content support. To start each practice by pausing to assess how we are doing, then choosing an appropriate recording, and finally tools to communicate and relate to others. We all need to speak and be heard, as well as listen-authentic, sincere communicating is invaluable.
The road to health and balance is out in front of you...take the first simple steps, with results you will feel immediately.
The recording library includes:
- Simple, short 3-5 minute orientation audio and video
- 3, 5, 10, 15 minute and longer practices
- Unique and comprehensive Content Library. With regular updates and additions to content.
- Practices for healing and rejuvenation, emotional balance, deep sleep, dealing with illness and conditions, personal change and empowerment, and always some body and breath awareness, mental clarity, and more.
You will eventually find your 'favorites'. Perhaps some short and sweet recordings you can use in a busy day for a break, or longer ones you enjoy regularly. Or a specific recording which you use to begin to change your conditioned response to an injury, illness or even a mental pattern or belief.
RESEARCH SHOWS THE POWERFUL EFFECTS OF FOCUSED BREATHING AND AWARENESS:
- Calms the stress response
- Strengthens attention
- Promotes brain integration
- Fosters better sleep
- Strengthens self-awareness
- Reduces anxiety before tests & writing
How do we changes our reactions and patterns?
This Take a Breath program is in essence a pre-mindfulness practice, also known as self-awareness as a form of consciousness in human beings. Unfortunately, many individuals are so reactive and conditioned by the collective external environment, they miss an opportunity. An opportunity to create a new reaction or response- a new brain map for the future!
Most individuals; kids, teens, and adults, are not aware they have a choice, they feel pre-programmed (and to a degree they are, due to past events held in the body/mind). This program is designed to address that, in simple, doable terms and practices. We give them a opportunity to pause and practice a relaxation response in the body. In this pause, and shift of out of the reactive body/mind (often in a stress/stimulated state) what emerges is a choice.
With consistent repetition, we eventually to begin to use that pause and shift to express our goals and intentions- as enhanced performance in; work, school, sports, lifestyle, in groups and families! We create changes through visualization and to choose our response to any given circumstance beyond the normal patterned responses of the external influences, or the internal programming. This program becomes a simple toolkit to begin to experience the potential in the present moment.